Hirsutism

Posted , 5 users are following.

Are there other active members (women) that have Hirsutism (male pattern facial hair), what do you do for treatment?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi this is a site for HS not hirsutism.  Not sure we can help you on here.

• Posted

I know the group is for HS, but hirsutism & PCOS are common comorbities among host of many other conditions.

I do thank you and appreciate your reply.

• Posted

Hi, I haven't had any problems with it myself, and I haven't heard anything about it. I hope you aren't having too much of a problem with it.

• Posted

Thank you Jay, and yes I have had significant problems with it, I must shave everyday. A previous job I had several years ago I received a warning from my employer that even the stubble was unacceptable, and coworker thought I was a transvestite... and joke like "when the bearded fat lady sings"....

I have had ill informed doctors say it is only because I am overweight (But I have family on my dad's side of every shape and size with the same problem, it is hereditary sad and my daughters are showing signs of it as well).

I can only assume the comment above yours that was deleted by a moderator was equally rude, but I thank you for your input.

• Posted

I'm sorry you've encountered this sort of rude and insensitive behaviour. it's already distressing for you to suffer the condition without malicious morons making it worse.

?Have you tried using an epilator? I don't have hirsuitism but I use an epilator for downy hair over my face and on the upper lip, as well as for body hair. YES it does hurt! But you get used to it. 

• Posted

I have tried, but it it is so thick and course, I was in tears, my face was raw some parts lightly bleeding, I went to an estatition (sp) , it was costing me a fortune, I have used dipilotory creams and severely burned my face. I have been on spironolactone for 2 yrs now it has done nothing (but recently upped my does). I am just so tired of spending huge money on crap that doesn't work. there have also been sugar home remedies, honey, coffee grounds, peroxide washes....all dead ends

• Posted

I'm so sorry I can't suggest anything. I really do feel for you, I can't imagine how hard this is for you.

• Posted

Hi have you been referred to a dermatologist?  If not I would see one.  There must be something that could be done. 

• Posted

I have been to see a dermatologist for my HS and HS was the key focus and said we can look into this at a later appointment and "maybe" if the HS is controlled it will go away

• Posted

I am 34 female, have similar hirsutism as yourself, and was diagnosed with HS in February. I was misdiagnosed as cystic acne on upper inner thighs for 10+ years. I am overweight and "apple shaped" at 84 kg and 175 cm. I run 3 times a week and am active. I do not have PCOS and have been tested for it. I have no cysts, ovulation issues, have regular periods, had children, and normal blood levels numerous times. I am a conundrum to my endocronolgist. My new dermatolgist is starting me on Humira for the HS. I tried spironactline for hirsutism to no change. I shave daily but have had laser treatments in the past that gave me about 3 weeks but it is very expensive. Really my only advice is this A) you are not alone. B) cold water after shaving closes pores and I shave in morning. C) you tube videos of make up tutorials for foundation and blemish cover ups help hide the "shadow".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.