Hit a wall and I'm a bit worried.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been on citalopram 20mg for 3 weeks now. The first week was awful due to the side effects especially with not sleeping or eating. The second week was better. My health anxiety calmed down abit, my appetite came back n felt abit happier. The last few days though has been the worst which is starting to make me think I actually have something wrong with me. My mind keeps going back to having a brain tumor or MS or a blood clot. Ive had multiple blood tests but the doctor said he can't find anything wrong.

My anxiety has been worse than when I first started to the point were I was scared to fall asleep last night and not wake up. My energy levels have dropped again. My legs feel really weak and shaky. I keep getting a strange sensation in my head. The best way to describe it is a sudden rush were I feel like a panic attack but just in my head. It happens multiple times but only lasts a few seconds.

Can anyone help? I know I am still on early days of this drug and have no intention of coming off it just yet but these last few days have scared me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hall,these feelings that you are getting are just side effects from the medication,it will just come and go until you get more immune to the medication which can take 8/10 weeks.at least that also shows that the medication is starting to work .

• Posted

Hi Marsh

Thank you so much for replying. I'm just getting worried because these side effects are different to the ones I started with which has set my anxiety off and made me start to panic. Thank you for your reassurance 😃 I will

• Posted

I will keep reminding myself that this is normal especially at this stage of the medication and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

• Posted

Hi Hall,you are making your own anxiety worse by thinking you have got this and that ,so it becomes a vicious circle ,so try to relax and your body will relax and then you will start to relax more and feel better.

• Posted

It is a horrible circle I am in. I have slight moments of calm then I feel a niggle in my head like some pressure or a jolt which activates my anxiety which makes me think its more serious than it is which feeds my anxiety even more. It can be abit difficult to manage especially with these side effects. I really need to break this cycle but i suppose its easier said than done at the moment.

• Posted

This is normal side effects with citalopram, symptoms get worse before they get better. Hang in there it will get better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.