Hit in the head by baseball

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

A few days ago I was playing ball with my dad and the last thing I remember is getting whacked in the head while we were playing catch, and now the left side of my face feels numb and doesn't move right, and also, I keep seeing these weird lights. Then this morning, I just could not wake up, and when I did get up, I was mumbling all day. So now I'm in bed and I think my family is starting to get worried but they won't take me to a doctor because we don't have insurance and my dad said I just got my bell rung and I need to just sleep it off but my mom is real scared and says we need to go to a doctor. Is there something I can take to feel better so that my family stops worrying like maybe some headache pills or something?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to go to the hospital !!! That doesn't just sound like a concussion, it sounds like you could have a brain bleed or swelling. This is not something to mess with! Don't wait, go now!

• Posted

Go to the Emergency room, now, if you have not already! You are having symptoms that indicate something serious. Tell the hospital you have no insurance, most of them have charities that can and will help. Please go, don't wait to "sleep it off". Your life is worth so much more.

• Posted

Please do not take anything because it could be dangerous for you. You should go to see a doctor today. A medical bill is not more important than your health or life. You have given a bop on the head a long enough time to no longer be an issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.