Hit my eye really hard

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday I hit my eye really hard on accident. I pulled the string on a retractable device and it hit me right in my eye. It was like a freak accident. at first I felt like I was going to pass out and my vision automatically blurred. I had to sit for a couple minutes until I felt I could see. Its been about 20 hours, my vision is a lot better, but I still have a small blurred spot, not as worse as before. i also have a black eye from getting hit by the stupid thing, so my eye is a little swollen and tender. i believe this is a corneal abrasion, as my damaged eye is very sensitive to light still.

i am currently out of the country until the next 4-5 days and don't have access to insurance here. Will this injury be ok if untreated for 5 days?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

*FORGOT to add, my eye left eye seems foggy

• Posted

"Will this injury be ok if untreated for 5 days?"

This is never the kind of question you should be asking online. No one can possibly answer it accurately for you however much detail you give to the accident that caused it.

I strongly suggest you use whatever time you have before you leave to visit your doctor, if only for reassurance. If it's getting better and not worse that's a good sign. But eyes are not to be messed about with.

If it gets worse, take yourself straight to the eye hospital.

Keep your very dark glasses handy, preferably the wraparound sort.

I once had a serious case of filamental keratitis, though I didn't know its name then. I called the NHS emergency line and described my symptoms of grit-in-my-eye feeling and they gave me the same advice: Go to the eye hospital A&E immediately.

Eyes are too precious to take risks with.

All the best...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.