Hit my head but am I over worrying

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I tripped and hit the front of my head 2 evenings ago and scrapped by face on a wall. I did have quite a big lump come up on my head but that’s settled next to nothing and only a very small bruise and I have a nice scrap under my eye and on my head. My worry is am I worrying too much, I didn’t lose consciousness, haven’t fainted, haven’t been sick, vision been fine, I feel ok apart from head being sore to touch - I do get a bit of anxiety so wondering if it’s more that flaring up rather than me having anything serious wrong. I am also starting a new job tomorrow in a small coffee shop so I have had as much rest as possible the last 2 days - thanks for reading and taking the time to answer xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think you don't need to worry. I had a similar accident but with much more bruising while on holiday in June. I made a full recovery without seeing doctors. You know which signs to watch out for.

• Posted

I agree with you that it's your anxiety and not the head bump you sustained.  You are also probably feeling a bit of anxiety as anyone would just starting a new job.  How fun it will be to work in a coffee shop.  The only thing I can think of that would be better is to stop in for a cup of "London Fog" at my local coffee shop!  Good luck with your new adventure.

• Posted

Thankyou both for answering it probably is my anxiety more then anything as I don’t really have any other symptoms and I hate that I can’t stop the what if there’s something else wrong that I can’t see feeling xx
  • Posted

Uuuggg yuk, Kerry 2507,got knocked out when, girlfriends car was T-boned,by 50 mph car, don't know if the air bag knocked me out, or it was the whip lash Uuuggg, still have brief spinning dizzy spells, when I'm laying down on my left side, 😂😂😂,but if you don't have lingering pain, or the lump hasn't subsided, dizziness, wouldn't worry whole lot, to bad didn't get it on video, for you tube, Uuuggg, at the coffee shop, paint it green n blue, with face paint, tell customers it part of your Halloween outfit, no seriously, go get a X-ray, catscan, put you more at ease, take some anxiety away I'm sending you a super scoop, triple decker, fix the lump, cyber power surge, feel the warmth RTFM😄😄😄😄

• Posted

Thing is I’m sure in fine I think it’s my anxiety in general and the fact starting a new job and worried what she may say now I have this cut under my eye and eye slightly swollen - I am really thinking it’s littke worries making me spin out of normal thinking lol - my husband also keeps reassuring me at least trying to bless him - as no nothing symptoms of head problems all seems anxiety based 🙈🙈

• Posted

Hey Kerry,

It seems to me you don't need to worry, your symptoms are all in place with your fall and you have been recuperating well. Best of luck at your new job!

Terry

CardioFlex Therapy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.