Hit Scrotum on Bicycle Crossbar

Posted , 1 user is following.

Two days ago, while riding my bike, I hit a rock and slid from my seat and right onto the crossbar, with my scrotum landing on the crossbar. I didn’t hurt too bad, but I immediatly noticed blood so I went home. I cleaned the wound as best I could, and took a warm sitz bath. It started to feel better all I did as far as treating the wound was applying neosporin every few hours. Since I am traveling in a remote area outside of my home country, I don’t have access to hydrogen peroxide. The next day, I went on an 8 mile hike, thinking that the scrotum wound was no longer. Towards the end of the hike, the wound began to hurt again. Upon returning home I cleaned the wound l, and applied some hand sanitizer that contains alcohol. Since then I have been doing my best to clean the wound, and I think it’s been getting better, but I’m still worried that there may be some long term ramifications such as infection or swelling. I haven’t had any problems urinating. I do want to see a doctor, but I’m not sure when I will be able to. I’m hoping that by posting on this forum, I can get some tips on what to do or what to look out for. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.