Hit the back of my head and blacked out, have I torn my retina?

Posted , 2 users are following.

yesterday i fell down the stairs and hit the back of my head and blacked out for a minute, i also experienced dizziness and light headedness for an hour after. I'm ok now and feel great, ive always had eye floaters and dont have any new ones. im just wondering if i could have torn my retina from my fall and if so would this be apparent by now?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you have torn your retina you would be experiencing blurred sight at the least. All over your eye or in patches. You may have concussion as you blacked out. Take care of yourself and see your doctor if you start to get headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.