Hits keep coming 2

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. I first want to thank you all for your kind comments after the death of my brother and many significant ones before. 

I was diagnosed with mctd 1 and 1/2 years ago and ss as well, plus fibromyalgia; etc....I have run the gamut of symptoms in this very short time and most times I was feeling ok....I am now wanting to vent about feeling generally unwell....I never understood fully that symptom until just recently. It’s a bad and scary feeling. My feet vibrate at night as stupid as that sounds, feel like puking often , but most in the morning. I’m just venting here right now which isn’t helping anyone and that is not like me. I am sorry for that. On a positive note, I do have hope to be better soon. When my brother was in a coma i forgot to take my plaquinil for about a week; or stupidly felt it wasn’t  important. I am very pro plaquinil although I was very scared and reluctant to take it at first and I did a lot of research before I did. As I have said on this forum before, I decided to take it as it is believed to slow the progression of our disease.

To the kind friends here on this site who have said it “doesn’t work” I kindly ask you to possibly think how worse you may be feeling and functioning without it......anyhoot, I wish you all so many good thoughts, just venting about the symptom discribed as a “general feeling of being unwell”....this disease sucks ass😀,but I know it could be worse and flares happen and then remission too.! Sending you all kind wishes and thank you for reading 🖐 I just guess I never understood the description of “general feeling of being unwell”. I damn sure understand now!??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I didn’t explain this right I don’t think; what I mean to explain is when I read as a symptom as “a general feeling of being unwell”, I guess I didn’t get it, sure I have had horrible joint pain, eyes, mouth, teeth, etc, but I guess a part of me understood that, I could isolate and understand that. When it feels like your entire body is hugely sick it gets really scary, but again, I believe I am just coming out of this flare and I will soon share with you all when I am better and will smile again. This is all temporary anyway! Much care to you all.
  • Posted

I think you described it all quite well. I understand what you mean by maybe not grasping the term "general feeling of being unwell" because it seems to minimize just how intense of the widespread symptoms can get. Vibrating (great way to describe it!) feet on fire is how I would my feet feel 24/7 when my flares hit and that is one of the more manageable symptoms, so I hear you.  BTW I found that a combination of peppermint, frankincense, and coconut 0ils helps with this! I hope you feel better soon. I am so sorry about your brother.

• Posted

My heels would burn normally when I went to sleep.  The burning would awaken me and I tried Topricin, For burning nerve pain and many other types of foot pain and it did help.  It is an over the counter cream.  Also, I tried putting a pillow under my feet at night and that helped immensely.  Blessings, donna

• Posted

Donna, thank you so much for this information! I know others who will find this helpful!smileTake good care of yourself.
  • Posted

I just read this notification and I am so very, very sorry for your losses and all of the pain you have been put through.  Don't ever feel sorry about venting; that is a good thing to do.  I don't want to go into my health issues which are abundant.  I just wanted to say you are in my prayers. Blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.