Hitting PR Where It Hurts!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not big on sharing my experiences but considering this isn't a priority in the medical field as it subsides on its own, and everyone is doing all kinds of crazy things, spending all kinds of money to rid themselves of it, it became personal! Like many, it all began with the appearance of the cute mama of the outbreak, the Herald patch. I had flu like symptoms for a few days and a few lesions appeared. I freaked out when researching the symptoms. Specially considering it apparently resembles the syphilis rash. It would have been next to impossible for me to have contracted it unless my boyfriend had been dipping his toe in another woman's waters but hey... anything is possible. Called my doctor to make an appointment, luckily for me she squeezed me in early the next morning. Upon examination she quickly diagnosed me with PR, she had had it before. To rule out the other possible turn of events, we ran every darn test available. Few days later, everything came back and I was STD free...Whewwwww!!!! That was a load off!

I read everything there was about PR, how people treated it etc... even tried much of it but none of it truly worked for me. Even read about that Prreeze cream everyone is talking about but I felt the price was a little steep. I make natural products, soaps, creams etc.. and I know how much it costs to make them and it's an absolute ripoff. It costs at the most 5$ to make (including the jar and labels) when you have all of the ingredients so that's quite a substantial profit if you ask me. So cutting to the chase, here's what I've discovered and what I've done that actually works and won't break the bank. They aren't sure if it's viral of bacterial, but one thing is for sure, it all begins within. Stress and a weak immune system are the perfect doorway for this nasty skin monster. A little over two weeks following Heralda's arrival (yes I named her) she gave birth to quite a few babies and I freaked the fu*k out. My best friend is an acupuncturist and a naturopath so I got a first treatment for stress and to boost my immune system. He had treated some serious infections with garlic and told me that if I ingested a considerable amount of garlic, he didn't see any virus or bacteria surviving that. Here is where it gets yucky. You have to get a big garlic bulb, yes, an entire bulb (again big one not the cute little ones) and not the supplement as that chemical reaction that happens and produces allicin takes place 15 minutes after being chopped, and though they have synthesized it, it's just not as potent. You have to take 8 cloves from the bulb and dice them super tiny, pressed is fine but it will taste more on the tongue so that's up to you. I won't lie, it's absolutely gross but it works. Mix that with a little honey just to coat the garlic, makes way for a less yucky passage and is also an anti-bacterial/anti-viral. Take half of the concoction on a full stomach in the morning, and the other half after dinner. Do not chew, take it in a little spoonful at a time and chase it down with water until you've consumed about half of your first concoction.

I won't lie it will give you slight heartburn and abdominal discomfort but I'll take that any day over being stuck with PR for an undetermined period of time. What helped me is having sliced cucumber when I felt my tummy was heating up. Calmed everything down rather quickly. This is for day 1, think of it as a shock treatment lol. Then the following days have 2 tinily chopped cloves in the morning and two in the evening until you've finished the bulb (never ever on an empty stomach). Always best to chop it daily for the allicin's potency. Two days after I began consuming the garlic the patches stopped coming out. Now for treating the unsightly lesions that could not be prevented. Go to your nearest natural product/grocery store and get a natural tea tree soap, tea tree essential oil, an empty roll on bottle and some aloe to hydrate your skin. The magic ingredient in the Preeze is lemongrass essential oil, and this essential oil for some people can cause another rash from reaction with skin. Bad enough you're stuck with PR you don't need an additional rash! Tea tree has the same power but you can apply it directly to the skin without it being diluted and it'll pack a punch. Pour your undiluted essential oil in the roll on bottle and apply directly to the lesions, don't forget Heralda! The lesions will get red, may slightly sting for a minute but it won't last long. After the tea tree oil has sinked in, apply aloe all over your sexy skin to hydrate and heal without moisture. Do this twice a day, again morning and night. The lesions love moisture so you want to avoid traditional moisturizers as much as possible hence the aloe. For an extra kick and possible relief from itching apply Desitin extra strength (40% zinc) where needed before bed. It will take 1-2 days and those suckers will be unswollen and dried up. I did do the tanning bed twice in that week to expedite the process but I don't think it's necessary. This regimen treats within and without so everything is covered. Avoiding too many carbs and dairy as much as possible until it starts going away is another weapon in your arsenal. Would have I known this earlier before the outbreak midway week two, it most likely would have been nipped it in the bud and I wouldn't have had to deal with the second outbreak. Everything cleared quickly as if by miracle. Hope this helps. Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to be as clear as possible. Goodluck!! 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.