HIV 4th generation test

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend and after 7-8 days I started feeling headache and had slightly high temperature for a few hours in the afternoon and no other symptoms and approximately 2-3 weeks I started having dry mouth and at the fourth week I started having itchy body all over and I went for test at 6 weeks I ran various tests such as fasting blood sugar test, full blood count, packed white cell test, maleria parasite and widal test, everything was normal except for widal test and maleria parasite test and some drugs where given to me but the doctor only prescribed only typhoid fever drugs for me and after I finished taking the drugs the headache still persisted and I went back to the hospital and was prescribed a drug for maleria treatment I finished taking the drugs and the headache subsided and then stated having some black spots as tiny as a pencil dot on my face and some acne rash like spots on my face after 8weeks and it putting a serious stress on me and I had 4 HIV test at 2,4,6,8 and all results came out negative and my girlfriend tested negative at 6 weeks please I need your advice on what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can only get HIV if you come into contact with it.

If your girlfriend is negative and you havent slept with anyone else in the past 12 weeks then you can't have it.

A test at 8 weeks is pretty accurate but if youre that stressed have another at 12 weeks, that result will be conclusive and you can both move on.

• Posted

thanks so much for your advice I think I will just endure it I have about two weeks left to complete 12 weeks and both of us will be going to have another test together

• Posted

well it's pretty true but I am just hyper sensitive to anything that is new to me that I was even suspicious of the time that I went test and blood was drawn from my vein in the inner elbow and into a tube

• Posted

i am not sure what is going on with you and im so sorry. the good news is that you dont have hiv. a test is conclusive well before the 8 week mark.

• Posted

you do not have hiv! make sure you are seeing doctors regularly to ensure the typhoid fever and malaria are not seriously harming you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.