HIV

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been having this terrible neuropathy in my feet , started in December. Worse now, was scared abou HIV. So I tested for the HIV 4th gen test in January, feb and march, all negative.  Also I took in March the HIV RNA 1 qualitative test, came back negative.  I'm still paranoid about this thinking these results are not accurate or false negatives, could that possibly be at all?.  I'm very depressed about this,  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You haven't stated what you've actually done for you to think you have HIV...

• Posted

As raydogg59 pointed out, you haven't said why you think you might have HIV.  If you've had four negative HIV tests, then unless you've been having unsafe sex with an HIV+ partner or sharing needles since the tests, there's almost zero chance that you could have HIV.  I'd be more worried about diabetes if I were you.

• Posted

Because of my neuropathy symptoms.
    • Posted

Have you actually been diagnosed with neuropathy, and have you had a full set of blood tests?
    • Posted

Well,  blood tests that neurologist ran came back ok.  Skin biopsy to check for small fiber neuropathy came back negative.  I had blood tests , regular blood tests done by my regular doctor in December and was fine.  I was told that you could still have neuropathy even if all tests come back negative,  I believe I have it.  Affecting my feet,  its is unbearable.

• Posted

But how does this relate to HIV? You haven't even mention anything at all about anything involving any type of sex!

"Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, vaginal fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. Within these bodily fluids, HIV is present as both free virus particles and virus within infected immune cells".

• Posted

My last risk exposure was years ago.  So I wanted to get tested,  I read that neuropathy is a sign of HIV,  so I freaked out.  Three 4th gen tests came back negative within the last two months.  I was paranoid and thought these were coming back false negatives.
    • Posted

If your last risk exposure was years ago, and you've had four negative HIV tests this year, then you don't have HIV.  If the regular blood tests came back fine, you don't have diabetes either.  I don't know what else to suggest, but maybe your neurologist has some ideas.

• Posted

I am suffering from 2 years my contact was on July 2013, after that I had dry throat for more then two weeks, rashes and mostly all symptoms I just ignored. On January 2016 I had very bad night sweets with fever that last more then two weeks. I did several test every month for HIV and other STDs all came negative. Later on July I told my doctor to go for vitamin B12 test and my results came back 30pg/ml. I got B12 injections and normal range of B12 now but every month it's decreasing I am still having symptoms like pimples on my chest neck and shoulders which never goes. Left side of my body weakness. Still no one knows what wrong. Let see what will happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.