HIV Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I am having the so anxiety and i need some advice.......So 17 days ago I had sex with someone i was dating for like a week during intercourse the condom broken I told them but they didn't hear what i said so i said it loud, they got up quick and entire mood changed. couple days after I found out that they are HIV positive...20+ years now but they are undetectable ever since I am getting headaches and join pains. My friends told that the headaches could be from stressing and joint pains from gym, i just don't know what to do anymore. Tested negative but i know its tooo early and the wait is killing me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

he takes his medicine regularly ? it could be a chance you come out lucky , especially if hes undetected. i hope thats the case

• Posted

if they take there medication as theyre supposed to the risk of transmission is low. as the medication makes it undetectable, and i was informed by a doctor that it means it cannot be transmitted anymore. symptoms could just be anxiety. but the fact youve had a negative result already is a good.

• Posted

if hes undectectable it is untrasmitable

this is from i base if you google u = u it should come up.

a negative test at this stage is great. hang on in there. go again at 4 weeks and again at 12.

hopefully the four week one will help give you more peace of mind

"Did you know that having an undetectable viral load when you are taking HIV treatment (ART) also stops HIV transmission?

For at least 20 years we have known that ART reduces HIV transmission. But for the last two years, leading scientists have agreed that the risk is not just reduced but stopped completely.

ART is not only good for your health but it protects your partners".

• Posted

1. You need to get tested at 28 days with a IV Gen HIV test.
    2. Avoid having unprotected vaginal / anal sex until then.
    3. Stop symptom surfing, it's only going to stress you out. Symptoms mean nothing. HIV can't be diagnosed with symptoms.
    4. I am not sure what kind of sex were you having - anal or vaginal. Your partner having undetectable viral load is encouraging. However, I am not going to do the odds here as they are for Vegas, this is life. Let's keep that away. Only testing can tell.
  • Posted

its too early to have any symptoms. wait till 28 days. if condom was there which broke then there is possibility but its less as compare ti raw sex.

dont worry ... you will be fine. hiv is not that easy to catch.

ALL Symptoms are from anxiety. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.