HIV anxiety and scared. Please help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, 26 y.o female here.

Had protected sex with male of unknown std's status on July 16th while I was on my period, but infortunately, the condom slipped out as it was too big for him and we came in contact.

3 weeks after that I get cold sore flares, swollen lymph nodes, fever, nightsweat and myalgias, dry mouth, skin itchiness, headache and diarrhea.

At 4week I get a rapid Elisa test plus STD syphilis, Gonorrahea, chlamydia (negative)

At 5 week I get 4th generation Elisa and HIV 1-RNA and came back negative.

At 6 week I get oral quick at home kit- negative and another Elisa (not sure what generation) also came back negative.

At 7 week I get another STD round with ab/ag test (4th generation Elisa?) all negative.

After this 7th week, I developed a vaginal yeast infection and I've been experiencing recurring colds/sore throat, and lots of muscle twitching around face, legs, and back and also lots of gas.

Had a round of antifungal to help with the yeast overgrowth and it doesn't seem to go away.

I've been very anxious and Idk what's going on with me. The guy refuses to talk to me and claims he's clean and refuses to reassure me of test results on his behalf.

I've been feeling unwell for the past two months since that encounter. Please help.. idk what's going on with me and I'm incredibly anxious, to the point that I've thought about suicide a couple of times. I'm a single mother and the guy was not supposed to be a one night stand. I was going through depressionand I wanted to date him, so we went out for a few drinks and that night of the incident just made it hard for us to keep seeing each other because he didn't want anything serious yet.. although he showed signs of wanting to continue seeing me but blocked me from everything once I got sick and asked if he was clean several times but refused to show any clinical results on that. I'm borderline hopeless. I've even experienced blurry vision at the beginning of symptoms now at this moment as I type this, I'm experiencing itchiness on hands and feet and some other parts of my body.. as well as I got a weird rash on my face that went away within a minute after I scratched it.

I

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

I am sorry to hear you seem to be in a horrible situation. I would recommend for you to go to a sexual health clinic instead of doing home kits. HIV however sometimes only shows up on the exams after 3 months of having sexual contact with the virus bit if you are having simptoms it is worth checking out with the doctor. Maybe asking for a colposcopy. Or blood tests would be ideal.

Good luck. Hope you get better soon. xx

• Posted

Most of my tests are done in a clinic except for the home kit. The rest were done in a sexual health clinic.
  • Posted

Which of the above symptoms are symptoms for HIV? Curious ️Thanks
  • Posted

I have been experiancing the exact same symptoms since about june im also very worried about whats been going on with me reading your post was scary because everything you have i do to. Mine is a bit diffrent because i have been in a relationship for 5 years and have a 3 month old son. My symptoms has been since i suspected my boyfriend cheated on me which he denies. Do you also have stiffness in your hands and a red apperance and mouth ulcers by any chance? I have also been worried about hiv but when i went to the doctor i wasnt very good at discribing my symptoms so she told me it sounds like anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.