HIV concern

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i got oral from a girl in november 2015. She says she does not have any stds. I started having wierd burning sensations on the glans of my penis around janurary. I went to the doctor and got tested for every std except HIV. nothing came positive. I have oral thrush now and i dont know what is causing it. My doctor says its normal to get and i got two opinions, they both said its normal. I had a failed circumsision as a kid so i dont know if that can cause the burning on my penis head. Im really scared of having hiv, been going through a bunch of stress and depression throughout this year. I never had any flu stmptoms or anything. I do have very bad allergies in the spring. Any ideas on if its something serious?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should get tested for HIV. It is not likely to be positvie from having oral sex one time and then you will be able to stop worrying (which isn't good for your health either). On the very slight chance it were positive you should know so you don't spread it to someone else and the sooner you get on medication to control HIV better you chances of a long and healthy life. The burning on your glans is probably just the thrush. Get it treated with medication (topical or oral) and see if that doesn't clear it up. Oral thrush isn't really "normal" unless you've recently had antibiotics or have some other serious immune problem. The fungal infection on your penis (if that's what it is) could be exacerbated if you are wearing tight underwear and/or sweating a lot down there and/or not keeping you underwear clean. The thursh in your mouth could be exacerbated by poor diet - lots of sugars or refined foods.
    • Posted

Thanks man. I got tested, everthing is normal. The thrush is going away in my mouth and im worrying less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.