Hiv exposure testing question.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hooked up with a guy that I am unaware of his std status. We used a condom both times. I do not believe it broke as he didn’t state it did and he didn’t freak out. I actually seen him remove it off after he took his penis out. But I’m not sure if it could have been broken. That would be the second time. I took a 4th generation test 8 weeks after the second time. 10 weeks after the first. They came back negative. I also took an antibody oral rapid test at 8 weeks. Also negative. My question is how likely is it that my answer will change since. I have a reoccurring yeast infection that won’t go away. And no other symptoms that I’ve noticed. So that’s freaking me out. I took another 4th generation test 11 weeks after 2 exposure. And waiting on the results. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do not think he would have not told you if it broke..  That is good you are playing it safe but you have to be careful.  Just in case.  He seam like he is a good guy he would have told you and like you said you would have freaked Out  Take care  ken 
    • Posted

Right. He was really against having kids. So I’m thinking he’d want to be safe. I just don’t know if my results are conclusive at that time. And what my chances are from Precum/ sperm. 
    • Posted

If he was wearing a condom at all time were would you get precum?  I think your good unless your not telling all of it.  But you were negative both time.  You should be good  Ken 
    • Posted

That’s what happen. I wouldn’t be not telling something I was aware of. I want to put the details out there so people can give me their honest opinions. 
  • Posted

When you say that would be the second time do you mean the second time you had sex or potentially the second time the condom broke?

In all honesty, catching HIV is pretty difficult. Even with a HIV positive person, and unprotected sex, you are not guaranteed to catch it. The risk would be even lower if they were taking medication for it.

So your chances of infection are really quite low. Particularly since you have no reason to believe the condom broke.

Whilst it is still wise to take a test at the 3 month mark, I honestly don't think there is a reason to worry too much.

I had a neighbour with HIV. He slit his throat. Despite having a cut in my hand and getting blood sprayed in my eye I held his artery shut for 20 minutes waiting for the paramedics. That's about as high risk as you can get and I didn't catch anything.

Try not to worry.

• Posted

Thank you for replying. No if anything the condom would’ve/could’ve broke one time the second time we had sex. But I seen and heard him snap it off after he took it out from me. I didn’t notice any sperm inside me after the fact. I tested 8 weeks after for The 4th generation test. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.