Hiv fear... Exposure in December 2 now freaking out

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone... december 2 I had unprotected sex with a girl I know, I'm a circumcised 27 yer old male, she thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her, and I had a tough couple of months with my wife... Not justifying it, not at all... I know I'm a piece of s**t for doing that... And now I'm freaking out... As of today I had diarrhea a couple sporadic days, the guilt and anxiety won't go away...

Now, I suffer from anxiety and depression, so December 28 I did an oraquick, which was negative and december 29 I did a test in a clinic where they draw blood from my finger and tested, came back negative... I know was only 4 weeks ago...but does it mean anything? I'm seriously freaking out... I feel all of my nerves in my stomach, I feel like crap mentally... I eat no appetite loss so I guess that's good.

I know my wife doesn't deserve what I did and hope I am negative so I can give her a full life of beautiful moments and experiences... I know sounds corny but I mean it...

I had her tested last Tuesday and Monday she'll go do an additional rapid test at a clinic, plus she should get the results by this coming week for the doctors test.

Please any help?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is my test at 4 weeks good for anything? Was finger prick at a clinic and it's immunoassay antibody test
  • Posted

So it seems that my flu like symptoms are more likely to be because I have chronic anxiety... That causes big amounts of stress and that makes your body experience flu like symptoms plus it lowers the body immune response so you're more likely to catch the flu... Any opinions?
  • Posted

What are the odds she tested neg and I could be infected? She tested neg in a finger prick rapid test at planned parenthood

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.