hiv help.

Posted , 10 users are following.

i've been struggling with suicidial thoghts the last few days. i had unprotected sex with a woman I dated shortly over a year ago. i took one of the oraquick hiv home tests last week and it was negative i also took one a few months ago which was negative. i have a dry white tongue and what i think is oral leukoplakia i remember having the rapid blood test many months ago that came back negative. i have ocd and don't want to live are those home tests giving me false negative?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi jon40793

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

hi jon,

sorry about that,

correct me if im wrong all the test you took came negative right, that means you dont have any sign of HIV ....so i dont think should be worried....but for safer side go to hospital and have a talk with a doctor he can provide better suggestion....dont worry about anything.....you dont thimk it as big deal ...be relax and talk to someone in person ...

take care

• Posted

You have tested conclusively negative. HIV tests are technologically very advanced and false negative are irrational propositions because practically they only happen if you are on chemotherapy for cancer treatment, I am sure that is certainly not the case. Please see a counselor, meds and therapy can help you over come your irrational fears. I reiterate, you do not have HIV.

• Posted

you dont have HIV. I know how scary it is and how hard it is to accept a negative result as I am in the same boat. we don't have it. we are ok. your negative test shows you dont have it.

• Posted

I would advice to take a proper blood work, because it may give you true piece. All the possible window-periods are passed. You're safe. Just think positively about - thanks to this situation you gonna be practicing safe sex, which makes your chances of contracting HIV close to zero.

• Posted

I do not have transportation or the money right now but a friend had purchased another at home test and I took it againnegative again still scared from the person over a year ago think i have taken 4 at home tests over the last few months

• Posted

if i had it, and not treated for over a year, would the antibodies be too low/viral load be too high and damaged my body to test positive or am I just causing health issues from my health anxiety?

• Posted

you would DEFINITELY test positive by now if you had it.

• Posted

hi jon. it sounds like you may have ebv / cmv / hhv-6 it can spread in the same way, and presents symptoms in a similar way. you've ruled out hiv - check out the "infectious mononucleosis" forum. lots of people have similar symptoms to yourself are struggling in the same way.

these viruses are easily picked up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.