HIV or still flu?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had flu symptoms like fever, night sweats, cough, chills, white toung, 1 ulcer below young and 1 side neck is little swollen for week. My influenza report came positive. All symptoms were cleared in 1 week. I was thinking it might be HIV and I did test in 15 days it was negative. Mono negative. But I need to wait until 90 days to get to know real status. 

But suddenly from 3 nights again I started to have night sweats and little fatigue. 

My doctor dosent think it’s HIV, but I read it’s possible to have influenza and hiv. And in hiv night sweats can come any time. How can suddenly night sweats are back?  

I know I don’t understand more than doctor but looking at symptoms I had 3 weeks back and now again night sweats and little fatigue dosen’t lead me to other conclusion. 

Did any one had flu symptoms back after 3 weeks? Is it possible? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have to do a test for your immunity system all white blood cells

And it may be unknown fever I hope for you good heath friend 😊

• Posted

When I tested influenza, white blood cells were okey. Only I had influenza positive. 

But it’s been 3 weeks those symptoms were gone now suddenly night sweats and blur vision and little fatigue. 

• Posted

Hi Luis Being fatigued after flu is quits normal, night sweats is something I have had all my life does that mean I have had HIV all that time, night sweats is just something we all get at times, and yes its possible to get mild symptoms back as there are some really bad flu infections around at the moment.

Just wait for your 90 day mark and get retested if you don't trust the early one.

OK Nh

• Posted

How hard, Thanks for your opinion. I just started having red bumpy rash. It’s another symptom of hiv. I had 2 on elbow and 2 on stomach they were vanished in like 2 hours. 

Influenza dosent cause rash that’s what google says. 

Even if I want to believe on 15 days test, everyone says to wait to confirm till 90 days. 

• Posted

I can't put it any better than you already did. I have night sweat every now and then, and it doesn't bother me. The only thing that I hate about it is the discomfort from that cold feeling from the wetness and having to change my night wears and my bedsheets. Like you, I have it every now and then, and it's been this way since my childhood.

• Posted

Your night sweat, no doubt, is triggered by your fear of having HIV. You've got to bear in mind that when we fear a certain thing, for some reason before long it'd become reality. Try to get your mind off having that condition; I feel pretty sure that it'd go away..., unless like me it's something that you've had all your life.

Having night sweat isn't indicative of any HIV condition. What's the temperature of your bedroom always like? Your comforter or blanket? Are you worried about your ac running your bill up and, therefore, you minimize your use of it? Have you thought about it? Could be a reason behind your night sweat.

• Posted

Thanks David. My comforter room temperature nothing is changed. I had night sweats only 7,8,9,10 and then stopped. Suddenly on July 30,31 it started again. Actually I stopped thinking about it until night sweats started again. Now I am thinking for sure about it like previously. 

This time night sweats with 4 red bump rash lasted for 2 hours, white young and swollen neck. 

Don’t knew w where this symptoms leading . 

Thanks a lot for your experience. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.