Hiv rash

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just under 4 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a female. She said she hasn't had sex for 6 months or so before me and is clean. We did some tests last week on her and these are the results. image

Now I have a rash on my shins and I am worried. Could this be a hiv rash?

Many thanks for any help or advice

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also recently noticed these on my face. They may of always been there but unsure.

• Edited

Hi Paul

That test is negative. If you have any serious concerns, do another in 4 weeks. But it is incredibly unlikely.

That 'rash' doesn't appear to be HIV either? Most likely something innocuous. Could be anything from a flea bite that has been irritated to vasculitis symptom on the other end of the scale but that, again, is unlikely based on the one sole area of note.

RE the face - I have no idea what you are looking at there?

Sounds like you're being overly worried and noticing things as you inspect closer.

• Edited

The tests shown are not mine. They are the persons I slept with. I haven't done one yet as I want it to be 100%

• Edited

Her results is negative. Providing that you haven't had unprotected sex with anyone else during that time, your results should be the same as hers. Anxiety and stress could cause you to break out as well. Try your best to stay calm. You can get a 4th generation test done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.