HIV rash question

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wanted to ask Ive been getting some weird rash for the past month and I went to different doctors some says its Eczema and some says its Folliculitis infection.. so they gave me typical steroid creams and antibiotics and yes it kinda suppressed them a bit but I still get spots here and there. Ive been falling into the Google warmhole trying to search for answers and I landed myself here. Early beginning of August I had sex with 2 different partners but both was protected sex but not protected oral and this whole Google wormhole thing has giving me a panic so I was hoping to see if someone here can help me out because this skin issue is really annoying me. Its all over my butt, my back here and there and my arms and when they heal they leave me like a dark brown patch. On my thigh it was most serious. It was inflamed but after Antibiotics and cream they just became brown spots (like attached pictures).

Now most of the ones on my legs are healed and became just brown spots like scars but my hands, forearms, back of my thigh, stomach still has random red spots like the pic.

I never really had any skin problem or serious skin allergy in the past.

I did started having something similar to eczema just 2 small patches on my inner thigh in November 2017. Ever since that it kept going and coming back but nothing serious. But around August 16 2017 these pics attached started happening. 

Hope someone can help me out! Coz its really bothering me as I'm already seeing different dermatologists and switching up my diet cutting out processed food, processed sugars etc.. 

So far its been a month the only thing that suppressed was those huge red inflamed spots that became brown circle scars but my forearms and hands still have those tiny spots.

Hope someone can hear me out sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention, I feel completely fine though. I never had any fever/flu or feeling ill symptoms. I still have a huge appetite. Just annoying skin problem thats messing with my mind and causing paranoia.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for HIV just to conclusively rule it out? Not that I’m saying it is a HIV rash..  

.i can’t really comment on what is causing the rash, as I don’t know. But our bodies do strange things. 

• Posted

Hello, i just look at your picture which is the same as my rash. For me, it happen 2 weeks after sex with random girl. After 1 month i've already test for hiv and it came non reactive. Have you recover from this rash? or have you already test for hiv? please let me know. Because this rash make me paranoia! thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.