HIV rash? Really scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i recently got this rash about 5-6 days ago and have no idea what it is ... i'm worried it could be an hiv rash because i had risked exposure about 2.5 weeks ago.

ive had no other symptoms- only this rash. am i overreacting? i am getting tested at a doctor appointment asapimage

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

heres is another picture image

• Edited

get tested to check other things can cause rashes so i cannot be sure of wat it is but some viruses can cause rashes most do clear up on there own but i wouldnt take the risk and get the test done

• Posted

Hey,

Would you mind to tell me more about the rash?

What does it look like? flat? itchy?

PM me if you like.

Regards,

• Posted

hi there, the rash is not itchy. it is mostly flat and just slightly raised. it has improved a lot. its been about 1 week that i've had it... and no other symptoms at all

here is a picture of it today image

• Posted

hey

thanks for the information as i could not tell you if that is related to hiv or not.

what was the risky behaviour you had? if you want, you can send me the private message then i could analysis for you as your behaviour decides how possible of getting infection.

regards,

hugo

• Posted

another update- rash is healing- still a week til my doctor appointment image

• Edited

saw my doctor today. he told me the rash was not an STD and that i was overthinking everything. he ordered my to have a a full STD check both blood and urine. i should have my results back later this week.

i did take an at home OraQuick hiv test and it came back negative. it has been 4 weeks post exposure. i am continuing to pray everyday and hope i am going to be okay. stay tuned

• Posted

Praying for you please keep us updated. Also what was the risky activity if you dont mind me asking? You can PM me.

• Posted

Praying for you as well.

Yes, please do let us know about the results.

All the best x

• Posted

i just got my lab test results back this morning. i tested non-reactive for hiv screen 4th generation wRfx .... While this test is not conclusive, i feel an immense sense of relief. i will retest again in 3 months to be 100% certain

• Edited

hey man i saw your story , was everythimh ok with you , i pray it was , im going through the same thing too and im bricking it

• Edited

yes everything was okay and it was not an std... it might have been caused by stress

• Posted

you are fine. now just stop thinking. get busy in your normal life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.