Hiv risk?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone.

I fear i may have been exposed to hiv. I fingered a lady whose hiv status i am unsure of. My fingernails were quite long and i think that may have cut her on the inside of her vagina. When i removed my fingers from her vagina, i noticed blood on my fingers and under my fingernails. My fingers were inside her vagina for quite some time.

What is the risks of me getting hiv this way? I am really paranoid about this. Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

first , you're going crazy but don't even know her status. find out her hiv status . that much blood wouldn't give you hiv on too of that. you should be fine if you worried den you and her both get tested and see

• Posted

thank you for responding. i asked her to get tested. the result was negative from a finger prick test. however, prior to that, the last time she has been tested was 4 years ago. I've read that one cannot get hiv by fingering. however, the worrying thing for me is that there was blood underneath my fingernails.

• Posted

i work at a lab and had been poked by a needle and negative free. and ive heard and heard many story people who been actually poked and patient had hiv and never contracted it . the blood is to little if she did . your blood would have to combine with hers which is rare . stop worrying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.