HIV Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am in a monogamous relationship (I hope) for almost a year now and once in awhile when I have sexual intercourse with my partner we'll take out the condom and continue and we took a blood test in mid June which luckily were both negative for all STD's. However, i am a bit paranoid when it comes to HIV and i am quite of an athlete, i play a lot of squash tennis and badminton. A few days ago i had a dark vertical line on my ring finger not sure due to what but i looked it up and it kinda looks like Melanonychia. It looks like the image below. And i search what causes it and it came out with HIV which kinda scares me and makes me more paranoid. Please help!!image.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have the same on my nails. I've read it can be something as simple as the damage that getting your nails done causes. I got tested 2 weeks ago, and am negative.

• Posted

Try not to Google, it's the worst thing you can do. There is no harm in getting tested for your peace of mind though. I'm sure everything is fine and it's simply some nail damage. Do you get manicures at all?

• Posted

no not ever :< but i do peel my nails since i was like a kid but it has never happened before though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.