Hiv testing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i had sex on 22nd october unprotected for literally 2 minuts then put a condom on it was playing on my mind after because im scared i could of caught somthing especially hiv. I went to my local gum clinic and got tested for everything 6 weeks after this on the 5th of dec all my test results were negative including hiv and they said hiv can be tested for at 4 weeks.my question is should i go back and have another hiv test and how accurate is my 6 week negative test? Please help im worrying about it.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

HIV is negative at 6 weeks, then your fine unless you had another unproteted contact. 
    • Posted

No it was just this one time literally for 2 minuts then stopped to put on a condom the clinic said hiv can be tested at 4 weeks so i went at 6 weeks and it was negative along woth all other tests i had done. So do you think this is ok
  • Posted

Are you having any physical symptoms that makes you think you might have a problem?  I would go back to make sure. Do it for those who you have not met, yet, who you might fal in love with.  You don't need the subject of a STD coming up at that time.

• Posted

I went and got tested at 6 weeks vecause i had a really bad cold that i could not shift i have had no other symptoms i have had a few spots on my chest but thats it i dont think that is a symptom but reaults cane back negative at 6 weeks i have not been woth anybody since and would not do that untill i am sure im ok. The clinic said hiv is tested at 4 weeks anything else is 2 weeks all results were negative how reasuring is this please.
    • Posted

It sounds reassuring but it also sounds like you are not convinced by the results.  Maybe you need a 2nd opinion to be thoroughly convinced?  Maybe you need some consuling vs just a test.  There can be trauma around living with the possibility.  Does the clinic offer some consuling services on this subject?
    • Posted

OK, you brought up the magic 4 letter word, "mind".  It sounds like you have a sense that there are real things that happen in the physical world and then there is the theater that happens in the mind.  Maybe in this case you are believing more in the theatrical performance in you head.

It might be good for you to check out "mindfulness' practices.  There are a ton of them.  They all boil down to developing the skills to separate the here and now and the theater in the head.  Could help with your anxiety issues.  

• Posted

Thank you for the reply i will look in to it but do u think the test at 6 weeks is accurate.
    • Posted

It really don't matter what I think.  It seems, based on the results, that you are ok.  But, I feel that your brain is in overdrive and you are listening to everything it tells you.  I have the same kind of brain but have learned what to listen to or what not too.  

Someone I like is a guy in Ireland.  Google Padraig O'Morain and subscribe to his "Daily Bell" of good grounding thoughts to start your day.  He is not the celebrity type but promotes a real authentic practical mindfulness practice whether you are sitting still or running a marathon..

An overactive mind is great if you are walking through a jungle inhabited by hungry lions and tigers.  But, I think you are driving yourself crazy by thinking about something too much.  But, it seems like you can not stop ruminating about the fact that you might have something.  Guess what?  Been there, done that.  Maybe I still do sometime but I know when I'm doing it and have some skills to short it and return back to a neutral position.

I wish I could tell you more but your search on this subject will deliver the goods.  Padraig O'Morain is not going to rob you blind vs. deliver a lot of good stuff for you to ponder and hopeful use. He's just one of many out there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.