HIV TESTING AFTER 1 EXPOSURE

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay so I had and encounter about 2 months ago (almost 3) I haven’t had any super crazzyy symptoms just and irregular menstrual (which I’m on birth control) & these little bumps all over my forehead that almost looks like a heat rash. since the encounter I’ve actually gained about 9 pounds and I took a 2 month test and it came back negative. I was wondering should I repeat the test again at 3 months and again at 6 or should I be okay ? Any suggestions cause I’m kinda still freaking out 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Repeat it again at 3 months, - after this time it is considered more accurate.
  • Posted

I’ve also had “cold like symptoms” but I’m not sure if it’s my allergies cause my mucus is clear and watery and my throat doesn’t hurt just sneezing and sinus pressure so that’s another thing 
    • Posted

It's pretty damn accurate after two months. Repeat at three for conclusive but I don't think u have anything to worry about. Forehead spots and irregular menstrual are not indicative of HIV. Don't worry chill for three weeks an test again but I'm 99.9999% it'll be negative again x

• Posted

lol Thanks so much! I have 2 weeks to go so my fingers are crossed. Thanks again 
  • Posted

Don't read into your symptoms too much, you'll drive yourself nuts. Just got another test at 3 months and you can feel confident that you do not have HIV. I spent way too long stressing over having HIV and I turned out just fine.

• Posted

I think what’s really getting to me is the “cold like” symptoms lol but thanks so much I go back July 13th I guess I’ll let ya know what they come back as. Thanks again!
    • Posted

I had the same thing but after I got my results back, the 'symptoms' I was feeling went away. It could just be stress smile

• Posted

No problems with discharge. Just a very painful period.
  • Posted

Okay so an update. I’m not really sure why but I’ve never gotten yeast infections and not I’ve had about 2 of them and I’m just super nervous all over again cause I heard that that’s an indication for the virus 
    • Posted

No I go Friday. But it’s literallu eating me up 
    • Posted

You will be fine. A lot of people have gone through this, including myself, and I turned out to be fine.
    • Posted

Thank you so much again lol. Trying to relax a bit 
    • Posted

Been there, seriously. I have counselling for mine because it preoccupies my thoughts. That's why I joined this forum to try and help other people who are worrying. Relax and enjoy life ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.