Hiv testing is so confusing if I test at 3months I’m good but it takes some longer than 3months?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i read some people take longer than 3 months but 3 months is conclusive i dont understand some people go years without knowing so how they know whats accurate they say 6months is not needed anymore but it take some people longer? it dont make since

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

please example!!!!

• Posted

please example!!!!

• Posted

those who live with hiv and dont know it probably havent been tested for it, if youre negative at 3 months it is conclusive. stop worrying

• Posted

i dont understand i read alot of articles and it say get tested at 3 to 6months it said the test can change at 180 days

• Posted

doctors going by the cdc but it so many things thats not answered if 4-6 weeks so accurate why they say wait in till 90 days and i have symptoms and im Negative so they say its my anxiety they dont know their guessing at this point if the 4th gen was so accurate know one will test after 90days

• Posted

i read on google that 3 months is conclusive but test again at 6 MONTH TO BE ACCURATE

• Posted

As per my understanding those who had unprotected sex with known positive need ti confirm at six months and another reason to test at six months to make sure is if you're taking any Prep or have been in any sort of medication such as cancer or something but if it doesn't apply in your case then you should be okay.

• Posted

i have symptoms the female was a sexworker and it was unprotected she keeps saying she clean and she tested a week after sex with me with the 4th gen and it was nonreactive but she refuse to test again

• Posted

she tested in august it was nonreactive for hiv she showed me but we had sex in nov she could have been exposed she tested again a week after we had sex for the fourth gen it was nonreactive and she wont test again

• Posted

I'd say stop depending on someone elses reports and move on with your own result. any particular reasons why she doesn't wanna test again?

• Posted

she keep sayinng she dont have anything but wont get tested again i dont no she seems like she dont care really

• Posted

hiv symptoms are so generic. you cannot base a diagnosis on symptoms. testing is the only way really. if you have tested negative at 3 months and have not had anymore encounters in that time then you are fine. if testing at 6 months will help put your mind at ease then do as you please.

also never base your sexual health on someone else's status. its always worth testing in between partners. and always wear a condom with sex workers.

your symptoms have another cause.

• Posted

Testing out to 6 months is outdated information. A IV Gen HIV test can provide conclusive at 28 days post exposure.

Average time to sero-conversion is 14 days post exposure, a week post sero-conversion detectable amount of antibody will almost always will be present and detected by the second generation or higher antibody test.

P24 antigen viral protein becomes detectable at approximately 10 days post exposure, peaks at 16 days or so and then remains at high level for 8 to 10 weeks post exposure.

Therefore, when tested with a IV Gen at 28 days or tested with a standard antibody test at 6 week, definitive result can be achieved.

Most importantly, for successful FTM transmission it is observed that it takes multiple exposure with the known positive female, one episode is considerably small risk.

You have conclusively tested negative and it's imperative you accept that mongering in online forums and reading incessantly about HIV is only going to make your OCD worse.

I am going to try telling you and the rest of the "Testing beyond 6 weeks gang" again that neither you all have HIV nor you're a rare case but you're only a classic case of cyberchondria. All your symptoms are your own diagnosis, you're not a doctor and reading out from google doesn't make you a medical expert either. Hence, you should trust the tests and see your respective shrinks to get well sooner.

One more thing, delayed sero-conversion is not your problem unless you are on chemo for cancer treatment.

Good luck.

Mike

• Posted

i tested Negative at 5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 weeks 91 days was my last nonreactive but i had alot of Symptoms and still dealing with sore throat with canker sores and my neck is sore and my joints are sore like my armpit slightly sore, my back , and everything i dont know if she was positive but she test once after unprotected sex with me and it was nonreactive but im nerves cause i been to so many doctors and they cant found out what wrong with me and we only had sex once vaginal intercources but she was a sexworker i just dont wont my result to change i question is my test at 91 days good a enough and i did a RNA hiv 1 test at 73days i made a big mistake

• Posted

CDC say 3months for the 4th gen and the doctors say 3months and some doctors say 6months im scared i never felt this way before i been stress and dealing with this since November my body is telling me something but my doctor not listening i been to infectious Disease doctor, ENT DOCTOR, my primary doctor, urgent cares, hospitals and im nervous causes all this happen after unprotected sex i question the 3 months but i prayer the CDC IS RIGHT but my Symptoms are real and some say 6months i learn my lesson but i hope i can get a 2nd chance

• Posted

You. do. not. have. hiv.

please reread @Psyntax_Error and @b30929 comments again because you completely disregarded the very good information they have provided you, you have disregarded your 10 NEGATIVE hiv tests, and your multiple doctors who are all telling you the same thing. your ocd, anxiety, and hypochondria are getting the best of you which is incredible considering you willingly had unprotected sex with a sex worker. spreading hiv issnt as easier as getting herpes.

information you find online is not always accurate or it can be outdated. google is not your friend. your 10 negative hiv tests are your friend.

• Posted

i know but my Throat been hurting since DEC19 and i had unprotected sex nov 12 2018 and i know they say 6months is not required anymore but im confused some people take longer right? im praying that my test stay Negative forever cause i been going threw so many issues do u guess think i should test again or what i see some people having the symptom like me i went to and urgent care a doctor told me to test at 6months that scared me

• Posted

im in the same boat but these ate all my symptoms i tested negative a 4 weeks and 6/7 months hiv 1/2 ab/ag but all these symptoms persist

Anxiety

Depression

Brown stripe on thumb nail

Saliva ducts in mouth raised

Feeling nauseous

Swollen adenoids

Yellow loose smelly stool

Frequent urinating

Frequent yellow urine

Bloated sore tummy

Constant fatigue

Poor broken sleep

White tongue

Nail abnormalities

Knumb hands when lying down at night and morning

Some mornings gag vomit clear mucus

Sore shoulders

Low energy

No appetite

No interest in anything I do anymore

Scared of everything

Blurred vision often

Sore inner thighs to touch

• Posted

your symptoms are clearly an anxiety calm yourself. Have you tested for stds? could be a some other disease thats causing may be? I would recommend you to do a full body screening including STIs and all but not HIV

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.