hives and xolair

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had two shots of xolair and the first set seemed to work but this second set i have huge hives on my legs and am very itchy.. I see some ppl who take xolair are helped immediately and some it takes a longer time... For those of you who have had xolair and it didnt work right away , how long did it take.. I dont want to take this shot with all the side effects if i have no hope it will work.. I had hives in my 40 when pregnant they left never came back for 29 years now they are back with a vengance..

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had chronic hives for about 4 months last year and it was BAD.. I was admitted to the ER 3 different times when my face would get HUGE and I could feel myself struggling to breathe. Ended up gaining 30 lbs do to prednisone that really wasn't all that effective.. on EVERY antihistimine u could imagine and still miserable and swollen all over..My first shot of xolair in each arm didnt seem to help but after the second dose I saw improvement.. after 3rd I could say it was mostly improved and my 4 dose cleared it completely. I havent had any meds or shots since then and that was over a year ago! No more hives!

• Posted

Oh thank you Mindy that gives me hope.. I will be getting my third shot in december.. Did you ever find out what caused your hives??
    • Posted

Hi Mindy; I am so glad that you are doing well.  I will receive my 3rd series of Xolair injections soon and I am doing great as well...no break outs at all for several weeks now.  Like you, I gained 30 lbs on the steroids too.  Did you manage to lose the weight afterwards?  I am just now getting the steroids out of my system to start trying to lose it.  Any advice?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.