Hives for 8 months Allergist wants to give me Xoliar injection and I don’t know what to do.

Posted , 8 users are following.

My Ige blood level is 745 and normal is between 0-100 and Allergist thinks that’s causing my hives and food allergies I keep getting every couple months to something new. Endocrinologist I have for Hashimoto’s and Hypothyroid thinks it’s from Hashimoto’s. Not sure if I should get Xoliar though I’m very worried about having a reaction to it because my doctor told me you can have an anaphylactic reaction at any time during treatment and I have anxiety in general before the hives so this is making me way worse with having this be said to me. Has anyone ever got Xoliar and been ok what was your experience and also should I do this I just don’t know what to do need advice? 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anti histamines and steroids worked for some time and then the tolerance knocked off. Ultimately homeopathic worked!

• Posted

hello....what homeopatic worked for you? I am still on low dose 1mg PREDNISONE and antihistamine 2x daily. Keeps hives away but would love to go off completely...REMISSION!

Would love for you to share.

Thanks

Wendy

• Posted

Arg, saying "Homeopathic" isn't very helpful is like the previous Bohrsmodel post that said "Try Chinese Medicine". There are thousands of Homeopathic/Chinese herbs and many types of treatments. I wish folks on this forum really wanted to help could either post a link or be more specific. 😦

• Posted

Hi....yes I agree. if something works we need to share what does in hopes that it will help others! especially if Homeopathic ways help to heal urticaria!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Wendy

• Posted

Knowing that most people are skeptic of homeopathy, I intentionally did not spell out the details of the homeopathic medicines I am on. Now that I see definite interest, I will go into details.

Before I list down the points, here are some of my thoughts.

• I am not a doctor or a medical practitioner, I am a patient who suffered from Hives for over 5 months.
      • With regards to homeopathic medicines a couple of things to know. Avoid taking anything about 15 minutes before after your homeopathic medications.
      • Best to place your medication under your tongue - I believe it has the best chances of getting absorbed into our system
      • Hoemopathic medication as such are ridiculously cheap and now there are a good few homeopathic pharmacies that ship direct to your doorstep. Being in Canada, I order from http://www.thompsonshomeopathic.com/ - I believe they also ship to USA.
      • Most homeopathic medications don't have any side reactions.
      • Most homeopathic practitioners treat you with a combination of medications
      • Most medications need to be taken for a prolonged period. How long would depend upon the length of time you have suffered from the ailment. It is normal to continue with a medication for a few months and towards the end wean yourself off by gradually tapering down the dosage
      • I am told that homeopathic treatment cures you at cellular level - this means that it is not just a precautionary treatment to keep your disease under control - it cures you. I am very responsive to homeopathy, not sure if it will be the case with all.

These are the combination of specific medications that I have taken:

1. Apis Mellifica 30c 2 drops 3 times a day
      2. astugus flaviatelis 6 ch 2 drops 3 times a day

2- urtica urenus Q 20 drops 3 times a day with some water

3- rhus tox 30 2 drops 3 times a day

4 dulcamara 200 2 drops in morning

5 histaminum 200 2 drops in night

I know that hives is a terrible ailment and I wish all you a full recovery.

• Posted

In addition to the reply I sent a little while ago, I also wish to point out that, in addition to other reasons, as hives are a result of excessive histamine production in our body, understanding histamine production and avoiding food triggering this would help. Suggested readings:

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

please feel free to private message suggested readings.

thank you

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.