Hives with failing gallbladder

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im been having gallbladder issues for about year. Lots of upper quad pain shoulderblade pain, meausea, vomiting. Had CAT scan, no stones, had ultrasound, tomorrow having Hida scan. Lastnight I staryedbreaking out in hives around upper thighs, butt cheeks, hips, and random ones on arms back and chest. Anyone ever have these weird symptoms??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of anyone having hives due to gallbladder.
  • Posted

Long story but I had gallstones but didn't know it. After months of dealing with it I randomly formed food allergies out of nowhere. Some foods give me hives. AND I am certain there is some sort of connection between I gallbladder problems and the allargies.

If I was you I would request a basic food allergy panel. I would be very interested in hearing about results!

• Posted

It would not surprise me when you consider the range of issues the Gall Bladder affect different people with, just by reading the posts made on this site.  I considered Allergies when I took Anti Histamines which stopped some of the symptoms but only occasionally, it was then I took a Allergy test for Milk!  This came back as negative so I disregarded it as an allergy but I used to get a red rash on my finger and only in one spot, not what I would associate with Hives but who knows what the body will do?
  • Posted

Generally im not allergic to any food, since my gallbladder not working and formed stones, I get allergies red rashes to my fingers after having chicken.I also getting blisters in face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.