Hmmm i dont feel like its doing anything!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Orlistat for a few weeks now & the side effects have stopped & i feel as though i am not loosing weight on them. My clothes don't feel any looser etc...i am not being weighed until the beginning of Oct.

Anyone else feel like this? Is this usually the case.

The only benefit so far is my appetite has been reduced.

Nicola

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola.

I felt like that too. i don't know what I expected but I thought I would notice immediate results, however, I went to nurse today and in the month I have been on the blueys I have lost a total of 9lb. It may not be the kind of amount that others are losing but hopefully it has gone for good.

I'm not saying this to blow my own trumpet but to say that you might well be surprised as I was. I haven't noticed loose clothes and I haven't really had any side effects but something is definitely happening. Don't give up love - hopefully it is for you too.

I thought I had eaten a lot this last couple of weeks and was dreading the weigh in. Turns out I've lost more weight this last two weeks than in the first 2. Think it takes a bit of time to get used to it and maybe I wasn't eating enough at first.

Keep ya chin up.

QBxx

• Posted

hi nicola, i have been on blueys a month and i didnt feel i had lost weight all i had was bit of looser clothing i went docs on monday and had lost half a stone, keep going it takes time but from reading on here some people have results sooner than others.keep ur chin upxxx
  • Posted

Nicola I can truthfully say I haven't noticed a difference either, I did find one pair of trousers I could get into that I couldn't before this week but they're still big trousers if you know what I mean. After eight weeks so far I've lost 1st 10Lbs, I feel good about it (and good in myself) but if I'm honest I still can't see that I've lost it visually. DH says he can see it and DS too and my doc says I can't argue with his scales. :lol:

Keep at it, I hope you're surprised when you weigh in. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks guys

Perhaps thats what it is then. I cant wait to get weighed. Your weight losses have been amazing, i can only hope i do half as well as that.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.