Hmmm. Maybe I found my issue.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I started thinking. I've had this huge brain fog, almost physical brain numbness for over a half year now. This gives me full facial and head numbness, unable to concentrate, etc.  My doctor so far has been correct all this time that it's due to anxiety. I've had all of the tests and images and all came back normal. 

I realized that my symptoms are at it's worst when I'm in front of a monitor. Normally when I walk away it feels a bit better. Doesn't go away but it's not unbearable.  I work in IT so I'm in front of a monitor all day for the most part and when I'm at home I was also so isolated so I spent even more time at my computer there too. 

I'm wondering if I'm suffering from Vestibular Migraines. I don't have the headaches (which most people would think all migraines would inherit). But I have everything else.  Maybe this whole thing with anxiety isn't anxiety related. I DO have anxiety for sure. But I'm thinking I have something more. Does anybody else have vestibular migraines?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if tests came out okey means you're okey..its all the darn anxiety..the faster you accept that they earlier you'll be fine and happy again..its easier said than done..im also a sufferer of health anxiety..happened from a news a geard and from a nightmare..i started believing something wrong with my heart and since that my life has been upside down unhappy and feeling weak all the time..when for tesrs came out fine..on top of that due to my age,23 docs believe its unlikely to be real health issue so it all buds down to anxiety..up till now im still not over it..i developed anxiousness over everything now..i feel anxious during family gatherings,during outdoors,even anxious when being left alone..all sorts of negative thought surrounding illness and death..stupid things really..the physical symptoms is the worst..all im trying to say is im sure yours is anxiety..so accept it and try you best to move on..thats what im trying to do..vast improvement since 7 months back but i still do get the anxiety every now and then..we will be okey..dont worry just trust and believe..
    • Posted

Well the only test I haven't done was an ENT. I know, sounds stupid that I've had all of the other tests with these symptoms and not an ENT but the doctor seems to think it's just anxiety since I've had anxiety for the better part of my life. Maybe I should get an ENT done just to rule out anything ear related other than the doctor taking a quick look at my ears?

I've had huge health anxiety with this since I was getting pains everywhere else too. Once I have accepted it's anxiety the pains vanished. The only thing that's lingered so far is this heavy headed feeling accompanied with numbness, nausea and disoriented feeling. It might be something to look into. I feel better that I know I don't have any tumors or cancer anywhere at least. smile  SO I'm not afraid of what I have or am feeling. Just annoyed by it now at the most.

• Posted

This is exactly what I've been thinking recently. I've always had a dodgy right ear and sinuses due to a deviated septum, this latest bout of anxiety came on after I had a really bad sinus/ear infection and was bed ridden for a good two weeks. Since then I've been feeling dizzy, light headed, spaced out and fuzzy but I didn't quite clock on at first as to what t could be, and then got super anxious about the dizziness. I'm thinking it's either got something to do with my inner ear, or its vestibular migraines or Ménière's disease. I've gotta get an appointment to see a doc, because if it does turn out to be any one of those three things or something similar, that's cool by me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.