Ho Ho Ho

Posted , 2 users are following.

So its that time of year again.  Christmas, the happiest time of the year??

For some, maybe, but for me unfortunately not.  I enjoy the build up with people generally being more cheerful and I like to frauduantly join in with the necessary festivities.  But the truth is, it's the worse time of the year for me.  Too many bad memories that I can't stop resurfacing.  This year has been a real struggle and I'm failing fast.  Meds changed, dosage up-ed, sedation added and I still feel so very down.  Nobody really understands or wants to listen.  Is it all worth it really?  I want to stop feeling this way but whats the answer???  I cannot burden my wife with my thoughts or feelings because she has been seriously ill and I need to be there for her.  Vicious circle!

Anyway, to any or all that take the time to read this, I just wanted to say from 1 person with depression to another, Best wishes and I truely hope you find your answers to a better, happier life.  Merry Christmas.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Stay strong , your not the only one that dreads this time of year , I'm going the docs to ask for some sleeping pills as my insomia really kicks in around this time of year , so hopefully I will get a few good nights sleep and look forward to the new year.
  • Posted

Hang I there. I understand totally how you feel, think my depression kicked in 20year ago at Xmas when my mum passed away and despite having a young son( although I did get wrapped up in it all when he was younger, yes pun intended!) Now he is older I dread this time of year and can't wait for it to be over.

You are not alone. There are many,many people who feel the same way at this time of year

• Posted

Hang on in there deaver, I'm really struggling this year, it will be 3 years on Christmas day that my husband died suddenly at home and I hate all the build up as it only reminds me of what happened that dreadful day! One day/hour at a time and you'll get through. Take care. 
    • Posted

Thank you, sorry for the delay, had a break from here.

Hope things weren't too bad for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.