Hoarse from inhalers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was using Breo 25/100 for a few months. Then when I got an upper respiratory infection Dr. changed it to 25/200. Also I

Was needing more pro air. I have been totally hoarse for 5 days. Anyone else had this?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI, no inhalers for me anymore, they give me liquid neb treatments that I do every day. Three different liquids three or more times a day.  Along with the my flutter device.

• Posted

Are you using a spacer when using your inhaler? 

With just using the inhaler, the med is quickly shooting to the back of your mouth. Very lilttle is being inhaled into the lungs.

With a spacer, the inhaler opening in at one end and an opening for your mouth is at the other of this tube chamber. You press the inhaler and the mist is in the chamber where you can inhale it into your lungs. Much more med is drawn into the lungs and not at the back of your throat.

With cordisone inhaler, I was told, to rinse your mouth after using, other wise I could get thrush.

Beth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.