HOCD: convincing myself I’m lesbian when I’m not

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone!!!

so i struggle with anxiety, (OCD and GAD), i am on 75 mg of zoloft for it and and have been for a year and a half. my anxiety got REALLY bad 2 years ago causing me to have extreme intrusive thoughts and it always varied and usually does when something triggers. On and off my mind has been triggered by the thought about being lesbian. I am in a 10 month relationship with my boyfriend and love him so so much but it scares me that this pops up like this. my mind makes me think i want to be with a girl and other disturbing things which is very upsetting. I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GAY PEOPLE AT ALL, But I know that i am straight and always have been. I am 17 years old and all my life i have had crushes on men and felt sexual attraction towards them always. Now when i think a girl is pretty my head makes me think im sexuallt attracted to them and makes me believe i dont love my boyfriend anymore. ive told him this and hes reassured me many times that its just my ocd playing games with me, but its just a temporary relief. I have kissed my best friends as a joke in the past and NEVER enjoyed it. I need to know if this is just plain ocd. its really debilitating.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is something most people with OCD experience. Some worse then others, its horrible I know, but think of all the normal years prior to this massive intrusion. People dont become gay,they are born that way. You would have known from a very young age. So take some comfort in that..I know it's hard as our minds are insanely powerful.. Try to exercise at least 4 times a week it helps and try to limit stress as much as possible.

• Posted

No, not ALL people are born gay? What century were you born in? I had major anxiety around my sexuality for years with worrying if I'm lesbian and I realised I was in fact in denial. I used to like guys up until the age of 16 when I had my first feelings for a female and it took my ages to realise this as I lived in fear and denial. We all discover sexuality at different points in our life as sexuality is fluid especially with females. It's okay to be gay and you need to STOP judging these thoughts as that is why they are getting stronger. The more you resist, the more they persist. Accept that you could be bi sexual and it will stop bothering you. Its 21st century man

• Posted

i think its OCD because i am not really going through what you went through.

• Posted

Not a good response for people with mental illness who are not gay!! If you don't have OCD please don't comment because you don't understand. You cant like guys, then only like girls.. thats called a choice!!

• Posted

I have had ocd, its bout accepting the thoughts and you can like both

• Posted

theres so many types of OCD hun you know deep down what you want dont let silly thoughts in your head ruin that x

• Posted

hello, im currently going through this my self atm , i am in a 3 year relarionship with my partner who i love endlessly but for the past few weeks i have been having these same thoughts when i go out with my mates i limit how i do my makeup cos in my head its telling me im making my self look like for them bla bla i have never had any sexual attractions to females yes i do look at the bums or body and think oh i wished i could loom like that cos im so self consious of my body anyway one of my friends kissed me once on the lips wen she was drunk i felt embarrased because i didnt know what todo it was so out of the blue but i felt so awkward because that wasnt wat i was used to i find my self going out and now asking my seld everytime i see someone walk passed oh am i attracted to them ect it is a mind game and it is very over powering

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.