Hoffas Fat Pad Impingement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need of advice.

I'll start from the beginning. I have Hoffas Fat pad impingement in both of my knees, ive had the condition for 11 years. I'm at my wits end. Ive had five lots of physio, seen countless doctors and been on every pain medication going. Ive got two children and every day is a battle with pain. Please can someone offer advice or suggest a way for me to ask for a different treatment that will actually work.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha same as John I have never heard of this. Is there any chance you could see a private consultant. It's so horrible to hear of someone in such pain and no-one is helping.

Please let us know what risk condition is.☺

• Posted

Basically its the pad of nerve endings which sits behind the knee cap, mine is pinched between my thigh bone and my lower leg bone. It was diagnosed from an mri scan I had about three years ago.
    • Posted

Sam that sounds painful. I personally don't know the solution but say on this forum because someone will and you won't feel so alone.

What have you had done so far for the pain

• Posted

Not a lot to be honest, all kinds of lain relief, five different sessions of physio, ive had my knee taped over and I have been given a knee support. I tried searching on the forum but I cant find anything relating.
    • Posted

Have you tried ice and heat Samantha. Acupuncture maybe I am a believer in the Chinese remedies but it's not for everyone.

I'm sorry I'm other much help to you 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.