Hole in Labia? Bartholin Cyst?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Alright so 1.5 years ago  I went into my gynecologist after experiencing pain and discomfort during intercourse and also with regular moving throughout the day.  

My  gynecologist explained  to me that it was evident that I had a bartholin cyst and that it was an easy fix. She drained it that day and inserted a catheter to ensure that the gland would not fill up again.  I went back into the gynecologist two weeks later to get checked up.  She took out the catheter and everything was fine sent me on my way.  Haven't had any others issues until about a month ago when i started experiencing severe discomfort during sex. I thought that i had just been rubbed the wrong way by my partners condom. But after physical inspection of my vulva  I discovered a hole about 2 cm in diameter that was the cause of the pain. It does not feel like the pain of the cyst. It's different. just external discomfort. I've sustained from sex for a month and it has not healed on its own.  I'm waiting until monday to schedule an appointment with the doctor.  Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced such a thing? Also, my primary care doctor is a ton cheaper than visiting a gynecologist. Would it be appropriate to see my primary care doctor, or do y'all think a gynecologist is 100 %necessary? 

thanks!!!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah, 

I was researching and came across your personal issue which  I have been experiencing! I have my doctors apptionment next week and I have been stressing as I have the same symptoms as you. I would love to hear from you and see how your doctors apptionment went and what was the dyagnosist. 

• Posted

Hi Hannah, 

I was researching and came across your personal issue which  I have been experiencing! I have my doctors apptionment next week and I have been stressing as I have the same symptoms as you. I would love to hear from you and see how your doctors apptionment went and what was the dyagnosist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.