HoLEP Locations

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is there a source to go to to find out who and where HoLEP surgery is preformed?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I would start by contacting my local hospitals. Ask if there are any doctors who do that procedure. Then ask how many have been done in the past year or two. Once you have several names then try asking nurses whop work at that hospital which doctor they would trust to work on their husband or father. The nurses know which doctors are good and which have screwed up.

Then when you see a doctor ask him how many HoLEP procedures he has done in his life and how many in the past year. If he stammers or hems and haws I would look elsewhere.

Rememebr the student who graduated last in his class at medical school is still called doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

Look up LUMENIS. They make and sell the equipment used for Holep. They have a list of facilities they sold equipment to in your area and they will provide it to you.
  • Posted

Where are you in the world?

• Posted

There's the Mayo clinic in Phoenix; there must be many clinics in the LAX area that would do tyhem.  

• Posted

Turned down by Mayo Phoenix. Mayo Rochester is out to Oct.  Really backed up.
    • Posted

Why would they refuse you? A Dr. Garrick Simmons in Missoula, mt does the HOLEP. Apparently, he has done a lot of them.

• Posted

Airizona just said they are unable to take my case & I should go to Rochester.

• Posted

Perhaps call Dr. Simmons in |Missoula or at least check him out on the internet. I called their clinic and they seemed very reasonable, but I'm from Canada so \i ould have to pay in US $$. Further to that, my urologist told me surgery probably wouldn't help me much because I also have bkladder and sleep issues. .  

• Posted

Wondering when they will take your case I had mine done about July 14th and took about a month to get it scheduled in there I have Cigna insurance just got the bill 32000 Mayo 11000 Dr 2000 anesthesiologist I'll pay probably 4800 on a pocket for me so it gets kind of expensive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.