Holep procedure and success comments

Posted , 12 users are following.

Had a PAE last Summer 2016 and all went well. Doc Bagla did the PAE and no regrets. Unfortunately for me, I hve a large median lobe pressing on my bladder neck and free urination post-PAE very difficult. At times clogged and I need to self-catherize. . Looked at FLA as an option but Doc Karamanian feels is not a good fit for me. He suggested Holep since it is minimally invasive and could help. Considering it.

Want to hear from those comrades out there who went the Holep route and their experiences - good or bad. I know anytime Docs go in and mess with the men's plumbing bad things can happen. Am comfortable with CIC but want take care of this BPH issue. Thanks for sharing your experiences and comments.

Stinger212.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Why did Dr. K think the FLA was not right for you?  Was it the enlarged median lobe?

Best of luck!

• Posted

I had the TURP and it was the biggest mistake I made in my life.It was the only option my Urologist told me about and I urinate like a horse but the climax is pathetic. If you enjoy sex you can take the chance but if you have a problem like I have then the urologist will tell you that they dont know about such a problem. If you find the right web sites then you see another story. Aparently the research  thats been done by I dont know who also never found any problems. But Im one person that can tell you that the Turp was the biggest mistake of my life.
    • Posted

Wally, this man is asking about PAE and Helop!!  why are you relating about TURP??  

Men, for god's sake;  stick to topic!

• Posted

Who are you,somebody important?
    • Posted

Important!  Only in my own mind!

I've been reading these threads since October, maybe September.  You are looking for information you can use for your OWN situation.  But, many men interject their own gripes and woes that are way off topic making it difficult to get the information you seek.

My own issue was the usual difficulty peeing and up several times a night with bad reaction to prescirbed pharmacueticals.  My doc, uro, said I was good for PVP Greenlight.  I posted 2 sites looking for just that information.  They were loaded with other stories.  

Then I posted my own chronicle of my post operative experience for anyone who might go through, or was considering going through that specific procedure.  Although I continued to post, it was riddled with OFF topic blathering.  It's not that it was useless information; some of it was good.  But it had nothing to do with PVP Greenlight.  

You have a situation and you want to know more about it, and others experiences and your options.  

Some people need to hear themselves MORE than your need to get the information you seek.

There was a man a few weeks back who tried to get others to post ONLY 

surgery, date, and rate it. 

It went well for about a week until the blathering took it off topic.  The moderater got involved and deleted some postings; but I've never seen new posting to it.  That was a damn shame.

Important?  Nah!  Just another prostate out of whack man looking for answers.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for sharing that. May I just ask what PAE and FLA is please?

Thanks

• Posted

PAE is Prostate Artery Embolization

FLA is Focal Laser Ablation

Look the up in journals or Web MD.

• Posted

Hi Stinger,

Is urination worse than before the PAE?

• Posted

Thanks. It is and the reason I considered FLA and now Helop. Doing CIC maybe once a day but flow thin and weak. TURP not an option and Dr K said that much. Helop might be what I need to fix my BPH issue ( large median love) while doing a minimally invasive procedure. Thanks for asking.

Stinger

• Posted

Holep is not really a minimally invasive procedure - it's a full blown surgery, the recovery can be long and it will leave you with permanent retro ejaculation. In the right hands it can be very helpful, but you'd be advised to look into Rezum before doing a full out surgery.

• Posted

Do you think the PAE caused the urination to get worse, or that it just didn't help? What did Dr Bagla say about it all (I assume that you've spoken with him).

• Posted

Dr Bagla knows and said the median lobe should shrink as well with time. Am just looking at options and fine with doing PAE last year. My luck I have a large median lobe. Thanks
    • Posted

Still a little fuzzy. Sorry!

Do you think the PAE caused the urination to become more difficult, or that it just didn't help?

Rich

• Posted

My large median lobe responsible for what I have - not PAE. PAE did not worked as well as I wanted. Doc Bagla did an excellent job. He says the median lobe should shrink with time. Thanks
    • Posted

I'm a little confused when you say TURP is not an option. I assume you meant you just don't want to have it done. TURP was the thing that was suggested in my case.  I too have a median lobe pressing on my bladder. Dr K seemed to think he could do FLA and fix this problem. Was the median lobe Dr K issue with not doing FLA? Did you send Dr K a CT scan or MRI to look at? I think He said by debulking the prostate tissue the pressure on the bladder would be relieved. 

• Posted

Uncle F, I do not want TURP neither does Dr K. Other health issues I need to fix before FLA per Dr K. We spoke at length and he feels doing FLA now could do more harm than good. Suggested Holep as an option. Working on it. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.