Holep procedure for urine retention

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had a holep or holmium laser done several weeks ago. For those that had it done as well how long did it take before you did not have periodic leakage Also , how long did it take before you had a strong stream when urinating Thanks in advance

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

@peter44697 Hi Peter, I am 71 HAD obstructive median lobe with small prostate (35cc). Severe BPH, OAB, and LUTS. Today is day 5 of Holep using En-Bloc Tech. Four days of with catheter hell. I am so fortunate to have well known Holep surgeon here in middle tn. to perform. She removed all enlarged median lobe and side laterals on prostate removal. Yes, there was bleeding, some very small clots voided. Day 5, voiding like a teenager, very little residual pain, drinking 8-10 glasses water, no caffeine, no alcohol, eating anything I want. 6 Weeks is recovery, with restrictions on lifting. Thats it, no more flomax, HOWEVER, continue Myrebetriq for 6 weeks. Constipation and bladder control with Kegel exercises for immediate future. Very pleased at this point, as mentioned, time will tell.

• Posted

Hi Carl. Please tell where you had your surgery performed. Thanks. Hank

• Posted

@hank1953 Hank, Vanderbilt Urology Belle Meade. (615) 322-2880 You will not regret contacting them. They will check if insurance is applicable. My urologist there was the third one I have seen. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.