HoLEP two weeks on.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi,

Just an update two weeks after my holep in the UK as promised. I'm still amazed at my new flow rate and am only getting up once during the night even though I'm drinking more liquid than for many a year. I even managed one night without getting up. I am still peeing with diluted blood at the start of peeing but thats expected and not a problem. Blood must be heavier than water because there is only blood at the very start of a pee. I'm not dribbling after a pee as before. The op. The only thing I need to do is make sure my aim is correct at the start of a pee because the release of pee is instantane

ous and the force so strong that one can miss the target.

I started exercising gently 3 days ago at the gym. Had my first real test this morning and it worked ok and the orgasm wasnt much differenct than before for the last 5 years ive had RE. Still pleasureable not being able to feel a liquid release is always going to dullen the pleasure. This isnt a problem for me as i get pleasure from giving pleasure and the ability to stop all the pills, sleep properly and compete at the pee distance olympics is a no brainer to me. I exoect my organism to improve with time as healing continues. I feel as though ive got my life back and should have got it done sooner.

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yea! This good news about your results is just what the Doctor Ordered! I'm undergoing Holep next week thursday the 10th of May. Hope my results and distances are similar! I'm worried that the enucleation part will be more difficult because of my 2 prior PAE's in the last year and a half. I feel like you about the RE, its a fact of life and i will just deal with it. I'd much rather get the rest of my life back! I'll let you know how it goes. I'n confident that the Dr I found in Phila Pa  is the best in the area, and that's the most important thing with this procedure. 

• Posted

It’s nice to read the excellent and encouraging news regarding the Holep. 

I’m considering Holep, Button Turp and maybe Green Light. 

What made you choose Holep ?

• Posted

Hi Phil,  I wanted to do anything to avoid what I am now about to undergo. I did 2 PAE's. which I still believe in, but unfortunately for me they did not work. apparently PAE'S are successful in about 90% of all patients. I was that 10%. I did look at green light and bipolar turp, and all the other procedures. they all have negative effects. Urolift does not stop the growth and will only buy time. At this point for me I want to go with holep because it completely gets rid of the prostate tissue and I won't have to have another procedure in 5 or more years. Also, it has better recovery times than turp. they all will cause RE. I think that for me, I've suffered enough and want to get on with life. Good luck with your choice!

• Posted

Have you or breeze61 bladder stones?

I had one large one (18cm) removed 

2 1/2 years ago. Now have 6 small ones. 

Two urologists said they first take them out as one procedure and then in approximately a week later they do a  GL/Button Turp. 

Another urologist said he does both in one procedure.  

Any information on bladder stones and surgery?

• Posted

Phil, I was plagued by bladder stones due to retention and back to back UTIs and underwent two procedures over a one year period to have them removed and it was this plus all the other discomfort and life limiting symptoms of BPH which led to my having the HoLEP procedure at the end of 2015.

Since then no discomfort, no UTIs and most importantly no bladder stone formation,

If you have a HoLEP procedure I can see no reason why your surgeon would not be able to remove the stones along with the prostate tissue he places in the bladder for later removal with a macerator following the application of the laser.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.