Holiday Advice

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I am new here and I am hoping someone who has experienced or is going through problems with gallstones can help me out I am feeling pretty desperate.

It all started back in 8th Nov with a gallbladder attack.Paid a visit to the doctor and he said he would arrange a scan,this was done on 30th Dec due to doc forgetting to refer me. Gallstones were found along with enlarged gallbladder and wall.So acute cholecystitis and biliary colic is what I am stuck with. Since then I have had 5 attacks two ending up being a&e visits whilst waiting for an appointment with a surgeon, after weeks of not hearing I called the docs (a different one from before) to enquire about my outpatient app. Holy cow this referral was also forgotten!!! So anyhow I have been today to my Hosp and met with the surgeon who had the sympathy of a gnat! He asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted to have it out.

He advised me on what I should and shouldn't eat. Which I had already worked out for myself. I am living on chicken breast, mashed veg,bread and custard! I have cut everything else out. So here lies my problem, I have booksed a surprise 50th birthday holiday for my husband,my little one and me in Greece and we are going 2nd May. I told the surgeon and he said oh the op will have to be after that then because you can't fly for 6weeks after the op. Oh no!!!! I haven't been abroad for 10years and to say I was looking forward to it is an understatement! Not so much now though... Are there any people on here who are post op or even pre op that can give me some advice on what I should do in regards to the best pain relief to take with me. What are the best and worst Greek foods to have/avoid. Alcohol? Best and worst? I haven't had much alcohol since all this started just the odd sip of real ale.I haven't had anything carbonated so there goes my prosecco! Boo hoo.I am gutted to be going away and having to think oh I can't have that,or that,or that,or that! At the moment here in this country is hard as hell to eat like a sparrow.

Any input would be gratefully received. I have medical insurance already do I need to add to it?

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

as long as I only eat very dark chocolate and small amounts though! ( recent discovery as had been avoiding it)
    • Posted

If your missing treats as it were try the free from range their cakes and chocolate are really nice , & soya cream or lactose free cream, my daughter has a seeet tooth and needed chocolate & cake , I did manage to get her the fruit to go with cream :-)

• Posted

Thanks, I am dairy, soy and wheat free, so makes it hard too pick smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.