Holiday Anixety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't often post here because I'm not too sure what to say but I've gone away for the holidays with my fiance over a 2 week period. I'm about 7 hours from home and this is the first time we have ever gone so far away together and for so long.. I'm so anxious and I have no idea how to handle this. It doesn't help that I'm an absolute sook and whenever I get slightly out of my comfort zone I go into the worst most depressive state. Since the first day we got here (3 days ago) I've been feeling sick. I've been getting hot flashes, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, appetite loss.. the list goes on.. I feel so out of place here. I don't know the part of his family we are here to visit very well either. I can't do anything in the house we are staying at because I have this urge to follow my partner around like a lost puppy dog the whole time. Whenever he even goes out of site I feel like bursting into tears. I'm too scared to even ask for a drink here or use their main bathroom.. I feel like if I do something I might do it wrong or.. not the way they do things here and offend them or make them angry.. I haven't even showered today because I don't want to ask to use the shower sad I haven't eaten all day because I'm a fussy eater and I'm embarrassed to eat in front of them all.. I don't know where I'm going with this honestly.. I just need some support. I'm 20 years old and I feel like a 5 year old child that cant stand on her own 2 feet.. Help please... sad

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I was like the same when I visited my first girlfriends family about fifty years ago. The problem was I was frightened to make conversation with them. Eventually I got to know them quite well until the relationship failed.

When I met my future Mother in Law the problem there way I knew my future Wife Sister and I was frightened what was been said about me, and I would get embarressed.

All I can really say is, the family will want to make you comfortable as possible and your boyfriend will not want you to feel so unsettled. The problem you have with following your boyfriend around sounds natural and eventually that should stop it is far from being unusual it is common. It is important you relax and enjoy your stay.

Your Boyfriend must think a great deal for you to take you home to meet family and relatives, relax you may in the future accept them all as part of your family.

Use the time to find out more of your Boyfriend and family, they will be interested in you. Take down that veil and be yourself. Your boyfriend seems to think a great deal of you

BOB

• Posted

This is relatable..to a point. You want to shower then shower. I know it is hard and stinks because you feel so judged but you have to eat and such.you need to speak to your fiance if you feel this worried about stuff. I have similiar issues with being on holiday and i cant figure out why i even care at all what they think. Its like i feel guilty for having issues, as i shouldnt  ruin their fun or lifestyle. But you know what they dont care in reality. Thats what you need to realize. Dont apologize for being you! You are perfect. I know that wont help but I do understand what your going thru very well.
    • Posted

That's exactly how I feel!!! sad like ill ruin their fun or lifestyle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.