Holiday Attack

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone else with crohns mostly in remission find they get an attack on holiday. It seems to happen to me a lot. Yet again I am in bed in pain while everyone else is enjoying the sun. Fortunately I am in the UK so if it escalates A and E is available. I just stopped eating and am in Tramadol for pain relief, so just hoping it settles down I am also on Asacol, buscopan and an Aziathropine and Allopurinol combo. Not sure what else I can do but due to go to Switzerland next week, so just hope it is OK then. I get to the point where I don't know what to eat in these situations, any recommendations?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that - usually it's flying that does it to me but I'm guessing you didn't fly to your UK destination. Simply cooked chicken or turkey, stocks, well cooked basic veg like carrots, some people get on with white rice or mashed potato. 

It's a bit different for everyone but many get on ok with the above. Drink plenty of water - cut out caffeine and alcohol and try to get some rest. Good luck, I know, it sucks!

• Posted

Thanks Matt, ended up coming home early, so I can get some rest and simple food as you say! 

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.