Holiday fear !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Iv been on citalopram now for 9 weeks. 5 weeks at 20mg and 4 weeks at 30mg, today I increased my dose to 40mg. Felt some improvement after 2 weeks on 30mg but still struggling to function normally.

I'm due to go on holiday next weekend and I'm so anxious about it it's unreal I feel like I did before I started the tablets. Part of me is telling me to go on holiday and not let this anxiety win but the other half is in panic mode! What if I can't do it, spoil my holiday for me and my friends. The thoughts of being like this in another country has me past myself!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat. I have been 7 weeks on 20 and am going backwards at the mo. I am taking the advise of most people here and just sticking with it, but I have to say I wouldn't fancy being anywhere else but close to home.
    • Posted

Iv recently just returned to work after 7 weeks off sick and I'm managing just to function but I know it's just for a few hours then I can go home and hide away but I can't do that in another country, I just know I'm going to spend every minute wanting to come home
  • Posted

Difficult one this, as everyone is different! That doesn't help that much does it!

Hi Lan, I have off been off with "work related stress" for 6 months and know that if I had returned to what made me ill in the first place I doubt if I'd be here. If I had continued the lifestyle well, for sure I wouldn't. What I do know after these months levelling out at 40mg if I had continued with all that, I wouldn't be here to help you, as so many others have helped me!

All I can say I have taken this time out to revaluate me and my life, I am stepping off the tred mill (bit scary) and having a complete change. Whether it is good for you to go at this stage only you can make that decision, unless your Doctor advises otherwise. Personally, from what you have said I would not go, but it is up to you. If you are going to somewhere like Ibiza then you'll take even longer to get better and it'll be a rougher ride.

Good luck and what ever your decision we are here for you!

Take care,

David

• Posted

Hi David

Thanks for your reply. I also think under the circumstances it's best not to go. It's Majorca for a week but I really don't think I'm up too it especially since changing my dose yesterday to 40mg, Iv had 2.5 hours sleep and the anxious feeling is awful again. I had to take 2mg diazapam which i really dont like taking. I'd rather have a week off work to get my medication sorted.

I'm also thinking of maybe asking the doctor what other options I have for medication as I don't think the citalopram is doing it for me this time. Been on it before and this is my 4 th time over a 10 year period. My only concern is weaning off the citalopram and starting a new one and all the side effects again.

Lisa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.