Holiday insurance

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi you lovely people

just wondering if anybody has got insurance for diverticulitis disease when holidaying and if so where is the best place to get it from and how much?

many thanks in advance

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've got mine through stay sure and it cost me 80 pounds but that's with copd and high blood pressure on the policyI hope this helps you

• Posted

Good question. I was just wondering the same thing. I'm here in the United States and am on Medi Cal (low income). I know it covers emergency room services, but unfortunately many hospitals wouldn't take me if I had something more to where I needed to be hospitalized. We are planning on traveling, but it definitely is a fear I'm afraid of.

• Posted

hi, i got my insurance for dv.

the cover was for me and my hub and it was for worldwide travel. i declared the diverticular disease and it cost £128 with COVERWISE .

as it happens, now im back im having a flare up. better here than on the ship i guess .

• Posted

HI

I was diagnosed 5yrs ago. I was on holiday in America when it happened. After diagnosis when I got home to UK I asked my consultant if I should get travel insurance against this in the future and he said there was no need to declare it. Luckily I havent had a flare up whilst away since but I always take an anti biotic prescription just in case.

• Posted

Yes.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Yes. I get my insurance from my my Bank as part of the current account package, and have to declare every single medical condition and medication. I paid £116.40 in total for annual European and UK cover. Next year I will have to pay an extra £75 when I reach 70. On a recent holiday TV programme, a case was highlighted where an Insurance Company would not pay out for emergency life saving treatment, because the policy holder had not declared a condition, unrelated to the actual emergency, and it cost them thousands of pounds. Best to be safe than sorry.

• Posted

Thanks for flagging this up Felinia . I am definately now going to look into getting this.

• Posted

I have travel insurance with my bank, I pay an additional £86 to cover the diverticulitis and another condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.