holiday to Spain

Posted , 6 users are following.

My son has schizophrenia he is 46 we plan to fly to Spain in October will he be able to cope. he has never flown before. 😲

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'M sure he will be fine.I've flown many times.i try and get a window seat and read or doze.

• Posted

Hi Lizzie you probably know him better than anyone so do you think he will be ok, does he become anxious in confined spaces and have you taken him to see his GP to see if they consider it to be ok.

I'm sure if he is taking his meds and in a stable time he will be fine and enjoy it as much as any one.

• Posted

Make sure he has taken his pills and take his prescription to prove he has the meds legally.

Good luck and have a great time.

P.s simple answer YES.

• Posted

Is he taking his meds? Is he aware he has a problem and needs to take his medication or are you the one that helps him take his meds? If he’s taking his meds himself and is well aware of his condition, then obviously yes. He’s suffering from schizophrenia, he’s not disabled. Schizophrenics can travel and live their lives too. 

As others have already said, you know him better than anyone. I wish him all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.