Holidays,

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just come back from a great holiday with family. I didn't get drunk and embarrass myself. What I did notice though, sitting round  the pool was the number of people who ordered non alcoholic drinks from the pool waiters. I was dying for a beer, twice had water and in the end, just ordered a glass of sangria or beer.

I thought I might have a couple of cheeky beers from the swim up bar, only to find the pump wasn't working! I felt like crying whilst others laughed. So no secret drinks, just what the others had.

now home alone, feeling miserable and thinking, sod this, I've loads to do but going to buy a bottle of wine.

No, am not going to give in, put tv on and catching up with soaps

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think  you did good not being sloshed the WHOLE trip.

I don't know if it is the language barrier or....am I understanding you ARE going to give in now with the wine and watch TV?

You wrote you are not going to give in...

I'm confused.

Seems like you keep it in check...are you taking the pills for the Sinclair method? I forget.

• Posted

No, not on TSM. Felt like giving in and drinking but didn't. Caught up on soaps and tv I'd missed instead.
  • Posted

Do you think that the people were former alcohol drinkers?

Maybe the healthy messages are working.

What age-group were the non- alcoholic drinkers?

• Posted

Kee telling your mind later,and stay busy.

it's hard sometimes sounds like you are going the right way.

keep at it. I am trying to but I went and bought the wine two drinks and head hurts.

• Posted

you are doing well to keep away from it, keep going and you will be OK.

have you tried exercising? this may take your mind off the drink

• Posted

how do you exercise when your body is reaked with poison?

​I'm so mad that FINALLY there is a beautiful day here in my state...and I'm frigin drunk...I was 75 days sober..and waiting for this day to WALK....sad.  I'm p*ssed at myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.