Holter monitor interpretation!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody! I just got my holter monitor results and my cardiologist said was at the normal range,no significant arythmia,but still I'm experiencing simptoms!the results are the above :

1.basic rhythm was sinus aver hr 92,min hr 48 max hr 160

2.no PVC

3.ocasional PAC

4.no excessive pauses or high grade Av blocks

Can someone try to explain what does it mean those readings?! Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your best bet is to call the doctors office and ask for an interpretation of the results.  Tell them you want an explanation of results one through four. The doctor should actually tell you over the phone or maybe the nurse at the office. Someone on this site may interpret it wrong so  talk to a professional for an accurate explanation. 
  • Posted

I'm not a cardiologist but those are good results. Basically you are being told that you had an average heart rate of 92, lowest it dropped was 48, highest it went was 160. There were no Premature Ventricular Contractions (extra beats), but had the occassional Premature atrial contractions which are just premature beats. There were no excessive pauses they saw in your rythmm or high grade AV blocks (Atrioventricular block (AV block) is a type of heart block in which the conduction between the atriaand ventricles of the heart is impaired.). 

So all in all this is a good thing. But if you have any questions about it its best to give them a call and have them set you at ease. 

• Posted

Means you're good to go and nothing is wrong. While I'm not a doctor or a substitute for your doctor I am an RN and PAC's are normal I have them all the time and so does everyone else whether they realize it or not it probably just feels like a slipped beat bc that's what it is or "palpitation". PVC's are also normal had you had any which you apparently didn't. No pauses means you don't have any heart block which would be noted at all times if it was happening not just some times. You're good. But if you want reassurance or a greater explanation beyond that (not that there really is one) you can always call the doc that ordered it. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for replying! I talked in the phone with the nurse and she said the results are over the normal range ,I just received the report yesterday and I was confuse with all the notes! 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.