Holter monitor results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused with my 24 hour Holter monitor results.

Interpretation is as follows:

Sinur rythm registered all the time.

Isolated Extras Supraventriculars with a period of Auricular tachycardia of 4 beats at a cardiac rythm not over 110bpm.

Very sporadic Extra ventriculars.

Absence of pauses.

The cardiologist didn't eplained things well, he just mentioned about  Auricular tachycardia of 4 beats at a cardiac rythm not over 110bpm.  I asked him if that is any indicator of heart disease but he said no.  I am worried about Atrial fibrillation, is it the same as Auricular Tachycardia?  As well the monitor registered a Bradycardia of 52 bpm around lunch time and 20 minutes later a Tachycardia of 147bpm.  I didn't feel a thing and at that time I wasn't active.  Normally when my heart beats at 100bpm at rest I feel very anxious but at 147bpm I didn't feel anything, could that be possible?

My Holter monitor was fitted on the 17th of January at 08:45, and in the report says that I had it fitted on the 31st of January at 13:43.  Can the monitor make a mistake with the date and time?

I will be very grateful if someone can clarify my doubts.

Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would CHANGE doctors and find a Cardiologist who would explain this more in depth.Why areso many people afraid to tell doctors they do not understand? After all they are just mere PEOPLE who went to special scools ...
  • Posted

Whose Interpretation is it and was it written or verbal

It says 'Sinus rythm registered all the time' which is normal but then 

has comments that say otherwise.

• Posted

The problem is that I do not understand how could I have a heartbeat of 52 bpm and 20 minutes after 147bpm, I would have felt something! Then in the evening 110 beats per minuten and did not feel the hearbeat beating that fast neither. At the time when it was recorded I was watching TV and very relax surely I would have felt it.  In the past when my heart beats that fast I am fully aware of it and I get short of breath. As well I am a blood pressure machine freak and monitor my blood pressure and heartbeat several times a day and I had never had a heartbeat of 52 bpm or 147 bpm.  Could somebody with experience in arrhytmias and tachycardias explain this?  TIA.
    • Posted

If you have an irregular heart beat your BP monitor is not always accurate.  Does it bleep while taking it or does it have an indicator that indicates an irregular heart rate?

My consultant is all in favour of taking BP several times a day.

He suggests four or five readings over a ten minute period. If they are in a fairly close range they are reliable. If not he tends to favour the last reading if it is lower.

You can still have white coat syndrome when taking it at home as well as at a doctors or in a hospital. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.