Holter Monitor Results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

So, for the past several months, something's been up with my heart, so I finally got referred to a cardiologist, refusing to accept an "anxiety" diagnosis (news flash: anxiety is not constant...). Here are the results:

145,897 QRS complexes

Tachycardic sinus arrhythmia

Non-specific ST-T wave changes

Average heart rate 103

"Heart rates greater than 120...were noted 25 % of the time"

3 supraventricular ectopics/Low grade supraventricular single extrasystoles

Heart rate made it to 171 while walking in the sun.... Sun seems to be a trigger for me.

ECG both times I had one showed short PR of 98. Second time showed ST depression.

Any input greatly appreciated smile My follow-up is next week.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The sinus tachycardia just means your heart rate was above 100bpm but still in a normal rhythm.  The 3 supraventricular ectopics I think are missed beats or extra beats they are completely benign.  I’m wondering if your heart was still in a sinus rhythm when it went to 171 
    • Posted

Indeed it was. It shoots up in the sun. Question is what could cause a consistently elevated hr as well. Thx for the reply.
    • Posted

Does the elevated heart rate cause you symptoms could be innapropriate sinus tachycardia 
    • Posted

I can definitely feel it beating faster, but that’s it. I just know that when I’m in the sun longer than a couple minutes, my blood pressure is 140/80 - ish and heart rate is up. But lots of younger people are sensitive to everything, so I wouldn’t be surprised if along with all my food intolerances I had a heat intolerance as well with no specific cause. My TSH was 0.89 last time and 0.79 several months ago. Free T4 was on the high end, but not enough to be hyperthyroidism. Got to go back to class now though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.